Proofs of Purchase

The following thoughts have filtered from a mind that has been oversaturated with images, screams, romance, text, and sounds since The Carter Administration. If you are not satisfied, then I recommend a double chocolate brownie from Starbucks with a tall bold of the day.

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Flood

I stayed up late
Reading until old
It rose above the white sands of Malibu
The super cleaned up the foyer
The Puget Sound floated notes above the Washington firs
I picked up my newspapers from the stoop
The Mississippi River leaked across the heartland
Kettles boil, then pour into cups and bowls
The Gulf of Mexico boiled out the Deep South
I greet my roommate
The Rio Grande viene mas grande
I spin a web with floss
A toothbrush glides across my molars
The Bronx Reservoir meets up at a party
With The East and and Hudson Rivers
Hosted by The Atlantic
The waves came from all corners
For this moment
They move downtown
I open my door
They arrest my body
I kick and push
I pull up
They pull down
I pull up harder
They push and pull down
I flatten on a Ford F-150 bed
Oxygen restored
Escape complete

No comments:

Post a Comment