Proofs of Purchase

The following thoughts have filtered from a mind that has been oversaturated with images, screams, romance, text, and sounds since The Carter Administration. If you are not satisfied, then I recommend a double chocolate brownie from Starbucks with a tall bold of the day.

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Show

You are a bench coach at the single-A level
A role that has purpose
For only that situation
It builds local fervor, then global silence
I'm batting .320 at double-A
Playing a graceful centerfield
For the love of sun, grass, peanuts
The camraderie from fans
The team history
The pride of my uniform
Next season is a short stop at Triple-A
An Italian tournament
The speeds change when thrown from the mound
My determination stays the same
I swing softly and hit hard
Because the bright lights beckon

No comments:

Post a Comment