Proofs of Purchase

The following thoughts have filtered from a mind that has been oversaturated with images, screams, romance, text, and sounds since The Carter Administration. If you are not satisfied, then I recommend a double chocolate brownie from Starbucks with a tall bold of the day.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Constant Drizzle

I know that you're gone
I know that it is over
But my eyebrows collect raindrops
Spitting sleeplessly in Seattle
They float without gravity
While penetrating with permanence
Of a microfiche era
That never transferred to Blu-Ray
Despite our vivid color spectrum
We glowed like stars from the Gilded Age
As our relationship flickered dust, ash, and embers
I tried to douse my flames with calm
And replace them with smiles of sunshine
But my teeth were stained by Camel Lights
That pretend to salve my ruins
I know that you think little of me these days
Perhaps wondering why it ever started
While I chatter teeth in the Great Lakes
Under black cumulus clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment